The Navara is ready for touring…
We have had some mods done to the car by ARB in Richmond to get it all set up for touring. That should be it for the car now, next big purchases are things such as the fridge, recover gear etc.
The mods done were:
- Old man emu sports suspension, leaf springs (rated at 200 kgs) and tension bars.
- Rear draws with a fridge slide (the left hand side draw is lower to allow us to fit the ARB 78L fridge / freezer into the back).
- Electric brake controller for the camper trailer.
- Reverse camera through the rear vision mirror.
- New rear step.
- Double adaptor power in the back seat of the cabin.
- New cable and anderson plug out to the back of the car to charge up the camper trailer batteries. The cable is wired to only run when the ignition is turned on, therefore not draining the auxiliary battery when stationary.
- A new power adaptor to the rear cabin to power the fridge when its in the car.
- Portable ARB Compressor and tyre deflator.
Below are a few photos of the setup.
This final picture is of the electric brake controller with the red knob adjusted to control the amount of braking on the trailer. The Redarc light above it flashes red when the brakes are applied.